Saturday 6 October 2012

Liz Earle Healthy Glow Cream Blush


I've always been a huge fan of Liz Earle's skincare range and partucularly love with their Cleanse and Polish hot cloth cleanser so when I heard they were bringing out makeup I was full of excitement and expectations. Given the fact that I live in Italy and don't really love to spend a lot of money on shipping I waited until I had finished my stash of Liz earle products to place a new order and buy this blush I had spotted while checking out their "tv".





I really love cream blushes in general and corally shades suit my skintone really well specially when I have a bit of a tan (which I don't have anymore I'm afraid). I got this blush last friday and wore it out during this week to give it a true thorough test.

My first impression was quite litteraly this "oh look they put in a little blush sample as well!...wait... where is the blush?....THIS IS THE BLUSH!?!" let me tell you all girls this thing is tiny tiny tiny! smaller than a Bourjois blush (2.5grams), this little blush contains only 2 grams of product for 19.50 euros (£16.50) and to be onest I think that's a bit expencive.. If you think that a Illamasqua cream blushes cost £14 ( about 16 euros) for 4 grams you can quickly do the math and come to your conclusion. After this first shock (which could have been avoided if I had been a bit more careful while purchasing the product) I even discovered that these blushes are made in Italy...ironic...

Moving on, the product itself is really nice, I've been wearing it pretty much everyday since I got it and the colour payoff is surprisingly good and so is the lasting power. I wore it last sunday when I went to the hippodrome where it rained cats and dogs and I was really surprised that when at 6 pm finally coming across a mirror I could see it was still there and looking good. The texture is nice and creamy easy to blend and to build up. In the picture above I'm wearing it on my cheeks and lips and find it a really quick and nice everyday choice.

The packaging is very simple: blue with some sparkles, I like the fact that it safely closes and that it's a bit hard to open so I can just toss it in my bag and take it around with me.

Overall I think the quality of this blush is really good, the only downside is the price and the fact that the only way I can buy it is online which is always tricky with colors, even though with the blush the lovely people at Liz Earle send you a colour chart where you can see the actual colors of all their makeup products!

have you tried this blush? what do you think, is it worth the money or do you have any cheaper alternatives?

have a nice saturday night!!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...